Monday, April 8, 2013

Can a Leopard change its Spots?

Well if those spots happen to be incorporated in a nail art design then it sure can. This weeks design is a recreation of I saw over on ChitChatNails a couple weeks ago but with exams to study for I didn't really have the time to try it out. Now that I am between exams I thought I would give it a try. 



I used Wet n Wild MegaLast Megalast I Need a Refresh-Mint and L.A. Colors Whimsical, both ran me about $3 and some change, the piCture pOlish Honey Dew alone runs about $10. For my prints I used M.A.S.H Plate #40, I opted out of the transitioning animal print and chose to do just Leopard prints.

I also decided to try out my matte top coat as I have only used it once. I applied NYC Matte Me Crazy to the leopard print nails and while the finish looks dull compared to the other two nails that are topped with Seche Vite Top Coat it doesn't look as matte as first time I used it. I must add that the L.A. Colors Whimsical has a pearl-essence finish so that could have played a part in the finish not being that matte.

                                                





essence Got A Secret piCture pOlish Honey Dew

4 comments:

  1. So Pretty I'm trying to figure out how to do the cheeta print on my nails. How do you get them to grow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a stamping plate to achieve my print but prior to own one I would simple create the dots first then use a small dotting tool or a toothpick to create the black outline. Here's a quick tutorial http://youtu.be/b0Oz6-53eyI

      As for my nails they are rather short, also down to the skin, I think because I have long fingers it gives the illusion that I have long nails as well.

      Delete
  2. Omg this is so so pretty!
    NEED to try this :)

    thanks for showing us :D
    Mixed Beauty

    xx

    ReplyDelete