Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Blue Gradient/Ombre Recreation

So for this weeks design I once again decided to recreate a look form one of my favorite nail bloggers Mixed Mama. She recently posted this gorgeous blue gradient manicure and when I saw it I knew this the opportunity for me get to use my NYC East Village polish again as my first experience with it had me on the outs with it. Learn how to create color gradients/ombre here.




For my based color I used NYC East Village. Gorgeous color but very thin formula, I had to use 3 coats of this polish to get it to resemble the color in the bottle. To create the gradient I used L.A. colors Color Craze in Wired (middle color) and Pure Ice All Night Long (tip). I topped it off with one of my favorite glitter polish NYC Starry Silver Glitter.

NYC East Village, L.A. Colors Color Craze Wired, Ice All Night Long,
NYC Starry Silver Glitter

Inspiration
Sinful Colors Love Nails
Sinful Colors Midnight Blue 
OPI's Pirouette My Whistle

3 comments: